Thursday, March 31, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Monday, March 14, 2011
Friday, March 4, 2011
- Don't expect the process to be quick or easy.
- Don't set unrealistic expectations, goals, or in my case, deadlines.
- Don't forget that real life comes first, fiction second. In other words:
- Don't try to wait for that "perfect moment" to write, because it never comes.
- Don't get discouraged. Even when you go two weeks without opening your WIP or posting to your blog, all isn't lost. Pick yourself up, figure out what needs to change and plunge ahead.
And that's what I'm doing. I'm back in the manuscript tonight, and it feels great. Like coming home after a long, exhausting business trip. This blog is about the whole of my writing process - the highs, the lows, the triumphs and the setbacks. I've had a good run lately with non-fiction, a disappointing stretch with fiction. So what? That just means I'm due for a good stretch of revisions.
I'm itching for it. Aching for it. Loving that I'm back. And I am back, baby.
Photo credit Abulic Monkey