Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Burning the Candle...

... at both ends, and even in the middle. I'm so busy right now I can barely see straight, let alone keep straight all the things I have going on. That's why I haven't been blogging much in the past few weeks.

Which is frustrating, because I have tons to blog about. I've been revising like crazy, and I've made some good headway in the manuscript. I've connected, finally, with my reserved, elusive main character and the story is coming together.

I haven't had much time to focus on that in the past week or so, either.

BUT, that's changing. First of all, tomorrow I'm officially cutting the last little strings holding me to my day job, so two weeks from now, I'll be a full-time, work-from-home writer. Second, I'm heading out the day after tomorrow for a three-day weekend in the woods with writer friends, and (aside from chick flicks, vodka and girl talk) it'll be all revising, all the time.

And now, alas, at 1 a.m., I have to sign off here and finish a news story I'm turning in tomorrow morning. Deadlines beckon....

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are livin' la vida' loca! :-) Good luck and much continued success!

    Jennifer

    P.S. Did you see the award I gave you @ my site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, Jennifer. Lovin' it, too. But I'm ready to get back to writing, writing and more writing.

    Thanks, and thanks so much for including me in your list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated congrats on connecting with your mc. I hope the editing retreat recharged you as well as gave you time to work on the book!

    ReplyDelete