Monday, September 6, 2010

Late-Night Life of a Writer

I've been wanting to start this blog for a while now, and let me just tell you, it's sooooo me that I've picked this moment to do it.

I'm on deadline.

And blogging is a fantastic means of procrastination, because it's more productive than, say, twittering away time on certain social media sites we all know and love. Anyway, I'm doing some prize-winning procrastination this weekend, considering it's Labor Day and I've had a whole extra day to meet a weekend deadline, and here it is after 10 p.m. on Monday night and I've yet to creep much past the lead of my story that's due.

But it's also a great time to start writing this blog, because this very issue - the need to self-motivate - is so incredibly indicative of what I'm going through as a writer. I'm sure this will be the first of many posts on this topic, and I can't wait to start interacting (hopefully) with other writers who are going through similar things. This post, though, will be short and sweet. It's really just a note to say hi, I'm here, and please stop back again sometime. I have lots to talk about when it comes to this crazy life-of-a-writer I've chosen.

And I'm sure I'll find plenty of time to talk about it while I'm on deadline.




1 comment:

  1. I'm procrastinating writing a story I'm working on by reading this blog, so thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete